With the exams knocking around the corner, it is vital that the students are well updated with their CA Intermediate Law syllabus which includes Corporate laws and other laws as well. Here is a detailed syllabus of the Paper 2 of CA Intermediate for better understanding of the students. Go through the syllabus and understand the objectives of this particular paper. It is quite important in the ICAI CA Intermediate exam to not just mug up the answers but also have a clear understanding of the syllabus.
PAPER – 2: CORPORATE AND OTHER LAWS
(One paper – Three hours – 100 Marks)
PART I – COMPANY LAW (60 MARKS)
Objective: To develop an understanding of the provisions of company law and acquire the ability to address application-oriented issues.
The Companies Act, 2013 – Sections 1 to 148
2. Incorporation of Company and Matters Incidental thereto
3. Prospectus and Allotment of Securities
4. Share Capital and Debentures
5. Acceptance of Deposits by companies
6. Registration of Charges
7. Management and Administration
8. Declaration and payment of Dividend
9. Accounts of Companies
10. Audit and Auditors.
PART II- OTHER LAWS (40 MARKS)
(a) To develop an understanding of the provisions of select legislations and acquire the ability to address application- oriented issues.
(b) To develop an understanding of the rules for interpretation of statutes.
1. The Indian Contract Act, 1872 (Specific contracts covered from section 123 onwards):Contract of Indemnity and Guarantee, Bailment, Pledge, Agency.
2. The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881:Meaning of Negotiable Instruments, Characteristics, Classification of Instruments, Different provisions relating to Negotiation, Negotiability, Assignability, Right and Obligation of parties, presentment of Instruments, Rules of Compensation.
3. The General Clauses Act, 1897:Important Definitions, Extent and Applicability, General Rules of Construction, Powers and Functionaries, Provisions as to Orders, Rules, etc. made under Enactments, Miscellaneous.
4. Interpretation of statutes:Rules of Interpretation of statutes, Aids to interpretation, Rules of Interpretation/Construction of Deeds and Documents.
For CA Inter Lectures, books and test series visit https://capreetiaggarwal.com/
This article is written by CA Preeti Aggarwal
Contact: +91 9653447150
(Doubt Solving): https://chat.whatsapp.com/JqXtWvPsvWWKW8AGoApwsI